How to make a Scandi tree decoration.
- A base for your tree (I sawed a bit of hazel branch)
- Wooden Skewer
- Hand Drill & fine drill bits
- Hand pruner and a hand saw
- A vise
- Wood glue
- A beeswax star.
- Use loppers to cut a twig into descending lengths so you can layer them to create the Christma tree’s shape.
- Repeat step one but make smaller lengths for the trunk.
- Saw a thick wood cookie for the base for the tree. It needs to be heavy enough to support the rest of the tree.
- Using a drill bit to accommodate the skewer, drill a hole in the middle of the twigs. Drilling vertically through the twig for the trunk so you can thread it vertically and drilling through the branches so you can thread them horizontally. I found I vise really helped with this.
- Drill a hole in the base and insert the skewer into the hole, a dab of glue will keep it in place.
- Starting with the largest trunk twig, place a dab of glue into the drilled hole and slide it onto the skewer.
- Next thread with the longest branch twig on.
- Now thread the next longest trunk twig and so on.
- Snip off the excess skewer at the top of the tree leaving just enough to stick the star on.
- Ta da!