Wild Garlic if you have it or 2 garlic cloves chopped.
Ground Ivy or mint
6 eggs beaten.
- Wash and dry your weeds in a salad spinner. Then put them in a sauce large pan with the chopped garlic on the fire until they have wilted.
- Take them of the heat and when they are cool chop them up with scissors. The heat will have neutralised the nettle sting so they are easy to handle.
- Next beat the eggs in a bowl with some salt.
- Combine with the chopped greens. Making sure you have more egg than greens so they bind.
- In a large frying pan put a good glug of olive oil. Add a small ladle full of the mixture to the frying pan to make the fritter. Flip using a spatula when set on one side.You can cook several at once. But may need to add oil between batches.
- Once they are done put them on a plate to serve.